The Grand Port Maritime of La Rochelle has the missions, within its administrative area, to ensure the integration of sustainable development issues while providing a level playing field for all.
It is responsible for:
- Development, operation and maintenance of maritime access
- Policing, safety and security
- Management and preservation of the public domain and natural areas of which it becomes the owner (excluding the maritime domain)
- Construction and maintenance of port infrastructure
- Promoting the use of rail services in cooperation with the operators concerned
- Development and management of industrial and logistics areas related to port activity,
- The promotion of the port in all aspects.